VATICAN CITY, 4 JUN 2009 (VIS) - The Holy Father today received in separate audiences:
- Archbishop Raymundo Damasceno Assis of Aparecida, Brazil, president of the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM), accompanied by Archbishop Baltazar Enrique Porras Cardozo of Merida, Venezuela, first vice president; Archbishop Andres Stanovnik O.F.M. Cap. of Corrientes, Argentina, second vice president, and Bishop Jose Leopoldo Gonzalez Gonzalez, auxiliary of Guadalajara, Mexico, secretary general.
- Archbishop Philip Edward Wilson of Adelaide, Australia, president of the Australian Catholic Bishops' Conference, accompanied by Bishop William Martin Morris of Toowoomba, Australia.
- Four prelates from the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela on their "ad limina" visit:
- Archbishop Roberto Luckert Leon of Coro.
- Archbishop Diego Rafael Padron Sanchez of Cumana.
- Archbishop Manuel Felipe Diaz Sanchez of Calabozo.
- Bishop Ulises Antonio Gutierrez Reyes O de M. of Carora.
AP:AP/.../... VIS 20090604 (140)