VATICAN CITY, 22 MAY 2009 (VIS) - The Holy Father today received in separate audiences sixteen prelates from the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, on their "ad limina" visit:
- Cardinal Juan Luis Cipriani Thorne, archbishop of Lima, Peru, on his "ad limina" visit, accompanied by Auxiliary Bishops Adriano Tomasi Travaglia O.F.M., Guillermo Martin Abanto Guzman, Raul Antonio Chau Quispe.
- Bishop Kay Martin Schmalhausen Panizo S.C.V, prelate of Ayaviri.
- Bishop Mario Busquets Jorda, prelate of Chuquibamba.
- Bishop Jose Maria Ortega Trinidad, prelate of Juli.
- Bishop Juan Carlos Vera Plasencia M.S.C., prelate of Caraveli.
- Bishop Domenico Berni Leonardi O.S.A., prelate of Chuquibambilla.
- Bishop Miguel La Fay Bardi O. Carm., prelate of Sicuani.
- Bishop Ricardo Garcia Garcai, prelate of Yauyos.
- Bishop Fortunato Pablo Urcey O.A.R., prelate of Chota.
- Bishop Sebastian Ramis Torrens T.O.R., prelate of Huamachuco.
- Bishop Rafael Alfonso Escudero Lopez-Brea, prelate of Moyobamba.
- Bishop Miguel Irizar Campos C.P. of Callao.
- Bishop Raimundo Revoredo Ruiz C.M., prelate emeritus of Juli
This evening he is scheduled to receive in audience Cardinal William Joseph Levada, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
AL:AP/.../... VIS 20090522 (200)