VATICAN CITY, DEC 21, 2005 (VIS) - The Holy Father:
- Gave his assent to the canonical election by the Synod of Bishops of the Greek-Catholic Ukrainian Church of Fr. Dionisio Lachovicz O.S.B.M., rector of the Basilian major seminary in Lviv, Ukraine, as bishop of the Curia of the major archbishopric of Kyiv-Halyc, Ukraine; and of Fr. Bohdan Dzyurakh C.Cs.R., as auxiliary of the archieparchy of Kyiv-Vyshhorod, Ukraine. Bishop-elect Lachovicz was born in Pombas, Brazil in 1946 and ordained as a priest in 1972. Bishop-elect Dzyurakh was born in Hirske, Ukraine in 1967 and ordained as a priest in 1991.
- Appointed Fr. Michel Pansard of the clergy of Nanterre, France, vicar general, as bishop of Chartres (area 5,940, population 407,665, Catholics 285,000, priests 103, permanent deacons 23, religious 373), France. The bishop-elect was born in Rennes, France in 1955 and ordained as a priest in 1982.
- Appointed Msgr. Jozef Piotr Kupny of the clergy of the archdiocese of Katowice, Poland, rector of the major seminary, as auxiliary of the same archdiocese (area 2,400, population 1,712,000, Catholics 1,660,000, priests 1,061, religious 1,078). The bishop-elect was born in Dabrowka Wielka, Poland in 1956 and ordained as a priest in 1983.
- Appointed Msgr. Marian Rojek of the clergy of the archdiocese of Przemysl of the Latins, Poland, rector of the major seminary, as auxiliary of the same archdiocese (area 9,750, population 780,000, Catholics 763,352, priests 983, religious 1,360). The bishop-elect was born in Rzeszow, Poland in 1955 and ordained as a priest in 1981.
- Appointed Fr. Meron Mazur O.S.B.M., superior of the major seminary of St. Basil in Curitiba, as auxiliary of the eparchy of Sao Joao Batista em Curitiba of the Ukrainians (Catholics 161,500, priests 77, permanent deacons 2, religious 552), Brazil. The bishop-elect was born in Prudentopolis, Brazil in 1962 and ordained as a priest in 1990.
His Beatitude Emmanuel III Delly, patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans, Iraq, with the consent of the Synod of the Chaldean Church and after having consulted with the Apostolic See, transferred, in accordance with canon 85 para. 2 of the Code of Canons of the Eastern Churches, Archbishop Jacques Ishaq, emeritus of Arbil, Iraq, to the titular archiepiscopal see of Nisibi of the Chaldeans, with the office of patriarchal auxiliary.
NEA:NER:NA/.../... VIS 20051221 (390)